Sunday, February 23, 2014

Word Defeats Me

I'm one of those antiquated people who wishes that WordPerfect had not lost the battle for supremacy with Microsoft Word.  Word frequently defeats me.  I want good outline functionality because I think in outline.  I require outlines be turned in to me.  Creating an old-fashioned, Harvard-style outline in Word is not easy.  Moreover, Microsoft Word has a wonderful functionality called "Outline View."  It enables a user to map a document, collapse sections, easily move content.  Inexplicably, it doesn't work with an actual outline that a user creates.  Multiple attempts to create a Word Template that enable a person to use the outline view with an actual outline have also failed.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/a-note-about-outline-view-vs-outline-numbering-RZ010365154.aspx?section=3

No comments: